Cold Fermented Focaccia
This easy overnight cold fermented Focaccia is perfect for simple sandwiches or for mopping up beautiful gravies and hearty soups!
Simple toppings allow for a versatile and flavourful bread.
1kg AP or white bread flour
800g ice cold water
4g instant yeast
20g fine sea salt
Coarse sea salt
1) Mix all dry ingredients together.
2) Add ice cold water.
3) Combine wet and dry ingredients - making sure that no dry flour remains.
4) Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
5) The next day, remove the dough from the fridge and allow to rest at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
6) Tipp the dough out and onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
7) Gently spread and stretch the dough across the entire surface of the tray.
8) Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour.
9) Drizzle olive oil over the dough and scatter garlic, rosemary and coarse sea salt over the top. (or use your choice of toppings)
10) Dimple the dough with your fingertips and bake at 200-220 degrees C for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
11) Allow to cool before slicing the focaccia and stuffing it with your favourite sandwich fillings and trimmings. (or simply enjoy with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)